Guest: Patrick Lawrence. We discuss President Trump’s relationship with his chosen cabinet hawks, Mike Pompeo and John Bolton and what Lawrence sees as a foreign policy coup by the Bolton-Pompeo axis.
Patrick Lawrence is a columnist and essayist who specializes in foreign affairs and media analysis and his work is published at The Nation, Consortium News, Salon and other outlets. Also he’s the author of the book “Time No Longer: Americans After the American Century.”
FOLLOW Patrick Lawrence @thefloutist. Find his work at his website patricklawrence.us and support his work at patreon.com/thefloutist.
Around the Empire is listener supported, independent media. Pitch in if you can at Patreon: patreon.com/aroundtheempire or paypal.me/aroundtheempirepod. Website: aroundtheempire.com.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube. FOLLOW @aroundtheempire and @joanneleon. SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW on iTunes, iHeart, Spotify, Google Play, Facebook or on your preferred podcast app.
Recorded on May 16, 2019. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- A Week of Dangerous Developments from Iran to North Korea, Patrick Lawrence, Consortium News
- The US Moves on Iran’s Oil Market as an Expression of an Irrational Foreign Policy, Patrick Lawrence, Consortium News
- Trump & the Bolton-Pompeo Axis, Patrick Lawrence, Consortium News
- White House Reviews Military Plans Against Iran, in Echoes of Iraq War, New York Times
- Pompeo, Russia’s Lavrov see hope for improved US-Russia ties, AP